Integration with e-conomic, differentiated VAT rates and improved usability
This release contains several minor improvements as well as a standard integration with the web based financial system e-conomic.
All new features apply to TimeLog Business and Enterprise.
Integration with e-conomic
It is now possible to integrate the online accounting system e-conomic with TimeLog Project.
The following partial integrations are included in TimeLog Project 5.5:
- Automatic transfer of clients from TimeLog Project to e-conomic
- Automatic transfer of contacts from TimeLog Project to e-conomic
- Automatic transfer of employees from TimeLog Project to e-conomic
- Automatic client and contact updates in e-conomic
- Synchronization of product numbers between TimeLog Project and e-conomic
- Automatic transfer of invoices from TimeLog Project to e-conomic
- Invoice reconciliation between the two systems
We have produced an in-depth guide on how to set up the integration. The document is based on a number of different scenarios, depending on whether you already have e-conomic or wish to purchase e-conomic to ensure a full integration between TimeLog Project and a Web based financial system.
The integration is activated in the new menu System Administration › Integration and API › Standard integration. Here you will find the setup page for all standard TimeLog integrations.
Managing product numbers
If you are using a financial system other than e-conomic, you may create product numbers manually and then assign these to the various hourly rates created in TimeLog Project. This improves the basis of importing invoices to other financial systems, as the product numbers are included when exporting from TimeLog Project.
The following reports include product numbers when exported:
- Project Administration › Invoicing › Search Invoice
- Management Reports › Data Extraction › Data Extraction: Invoice Lines
Using product numbers is optional. To activate them, go to System Administration › Finance/Invoicing › Product Numbers.
If the integration with e-conomic is enabled, these product numbers are automatically retrieved from e-conomic.
Differentiated VAT rates for expenses
It is now possible to apply differentiated VAT rates to the expense types in TimeLog Project. This means that when expenses are created in TimeLog Project, you can choose whether to apply a single standard VAT rate or differentiated VAT rates, depending on the expense type.
Unless you select a specific VAT rate for each expense type, the standard VAT rate is applied to all expense types. To change this, go to System Administration › Expenses › Expense Types.
Improved report: Production Reports › Arbeit – Work – Departments
This report, which is part of the TimeLog Departments add-on, has undergone several minor improvements and now provides a much better overview of which departments are using the resources of other departments, as well as which projects one department has carried out for another department.
Improved system management usability
We are continuously working to improve the usability of the system management, which contains all of the TimeLog Project setup options. In this release we have changed several setup interfaces, which now feature an inline edit option. This means that creating and editing is done on the same list; you can filter the lists and select an action for multiple dimensions in one go. The following setups have been given a makeover:
- Project Type
- Project Category
- Task Type
- Expense Type
- Support Type
Additionally, Customer Status, which is located in System Administration › TimeLog CRM › Customer Status, has been restructured.
From now on, both creating and editing is performed on the same list, and it is easier to see where the created client statuses can be viewed elsewhere in TimeLog Project.
What do the various meta types mean?
- Clients: Statuses marked as clients are displayed on selection lists in the project module
- Suppliers: These statuses are displayed on selection lists under Expenses andTravel Expenses
- Leads (formerly Import): Used for importing e.g. call lists for the sales department, which aren’t supposed to be displayed in the product module
TimeLog CRM improvements
The TimeLog CRM add-on has also seen a few improvements.
- The task list now shows the actual time a task is supposed to be performed, and the columns have be reshuffled to ensure a better interrelation between the information listed
- You can now create a new task without having to assign a contact, which means the task is only generally assigned to a specific client
- You can timestamp a task follow-up
- A fifth grouping has been added to the pipeline overview: Opportunity type
- CRM client exports now also include EAN numbers
- You can add a client prefix, such as Mr or initials. These are included in the Excel export under Contacts, allowing you to use it for campaigns, for instance
- On the client card, groups are collapsed to make the client card shorter. This improves the potential for sales follow-ups, allowing you to quickly write comments and gain an overview of the latest comment on the various topics without having to scroll down the interface. This change has also been implemented into TimeLog Project without the TimeLog CRM add-on